Friday, October 20, 2006

Cell Phone Culture?

Sven is growing up in the Cell Phone era. When he was about 1 1/2 years old, he would pick up Erik's old phone and would babble into the phone and would give a hearty laugh every once in awhile. We thought it was hilarious.

But now his cell phone "conversations" are getting more "real". This morning I was in the shower and I heard Sven say in a loud voice
"HELLO - HELLO ..."

I wondered who he was trying to say hello to in such a loud voice. I stopped the shower, opened the shower door and saw Sven outside the door, holding a cell phone pressed against his ear. He again said
"HELLO - HELLO!"

Then he looked the phone to check its status and then pressed the phone against his ear again and loudly continued
"HELLO - Darfa Bader?"

Since I had just finished my shower I asked Sven to hand me my towel. He looked over his shoulder at me, and said
"Jussa a minute"

Then he pressed the phone back to his ear and slowly reached over and handed me my towel, the whole time pretending to be listening to a conversation on the phone.

Then he finished the conversation by saying
"Hello Darfa Bader? I live in a new house and I have lots of toys. I like all my toys."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Oct 24, 12:38:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home