Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Old People Get Sick in the Cold and Rain

Yesterday, Boxing Day, we walked into our neighborhood business district a couple of times, to help burn off the extra holiday calories. We live on a steep hill, which is a challenge for adults, let alone little kids. The first time we walked home, Sven said "this walk is too long for a small kid like me." So, I took pity on him and carried him on my back for the steepest part of the walk.

The second time we walked home, we were with Ojiisan (my father). Since it was raining, Ojiisan offered to share his umbrella with Sven, so he wouldn't get wet. When we got to the steep hill, Sven and Ojiisan walked up hand in hand and Sven said "I'm helping Ojiisan up the hill because he's old." I guess Sven forgot that it was a long walk for a small kid like him. He seemed to take pride in "helping" Ojiisan up the hill. Then Sven explained to Ojiisan that he needed help because "old people get sick in the cold and rain."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home