Friday, June 02, 2006

My Son the Clothes Horse

On Monday, Memorial Day, Erik was busy at a conference, so I decided that Sven and I would have lots of fun. We went to the Aquarium. Then rides at Seattle Center, followed by lunch at the Folklife festival. Then home for a nap.

After his nap, I asked him if he wanted to go shopping for a new jacket. His old jacket is getting too small, but he won't give it up because it is black (his Darfa Bader cape). He said yes, he did want to go shopping for a suit. I explained that we were going shopping for a jacket, not a suit. We drove to Northgate Mall, and looked at 4 stores for a jacket, but couldn't find any in his size. We saw a nice black suit, but it was a size 8. Sven was disappointed that we didn't get it.

However, we did manage to buy Sven some black Merrills that he picked out at Nordstrom. Nordstrom gave him a green balloon, as a treat for buying their shoes. After the shoe purchase he happily said "I've got new shoes on my feet, a balloon in my hand, you have a bag under your arm, and we're on the escabater!" So, I thought he was fully satisfied.

That evening, when Erik got home, I asked Sven to tell Erik all the fun things we did. I thought he would mention the Aquarium and/or rides, and/or his new shoes. Instead he said "we saw a suit, but it wasn't a size 8. It was a size 4!" He still thinks he should get a suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home