Monday, January 22, 2007

Why Mommy, Why?

Sven is asking "Why" about everything! It sometimes tries the patience to deliver good and/or sufficient answers to all his questions. The other day he said "Why was Jesus nailed to a cross?" Apparently this topic came up among some friends at day care. Of course when you answer "because he was saying things that people didn't like to hear", you get the next question "why didn't people like to hear what he said", and so on. Sometimes it is tempting to short circuit the whole conversation and go straight to "I don't know", but I always feel guilty saying this - as if I am taking the easy way out.

If I spend too much time trying to formulate an answer, Sven will peer into my face and say very earnestly "why Mommy why?", as if the answer was of great importance to him - which it may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home